For 2016-17, we are looking for up to 14 athletes that meet our eligibility criteria, who should be 18 years and over and be ranked in the top 10 in their chosen sport with a proven record of performance or they represent their home country in a team sport.
We are pleased to announce the next round of applications are open from
19th - 30th September 2016.
- You are a UK or EU citizen, and a full-time resident in Norfolk
- You are ranked in the top 10 nationally in your sport as an individual athlete or you represent your home nation squad at the time of applying for the NSA Award.
- We will accept applications from athletes of any age but priority will be given to those able-bodied athletes under the age of 25 years, and disabled athletes under the age of 28 years, on the date of application
The academy will mentor, monitor and guide athletes to achieve their goals, such as obtaining a professional contract or retention/inclusion in a National Governing Body talent performance programme. These athletes will receive a personalised programme suited to their specific needs.
There are a number of references that will form the basic terms and conditions of the scheme which will include, but may not be the final list, the following:
- live in Norfolk
- aged 18+ years
- be currently representing their EU home country or England / Great Britain or part of an England / GB development squad or have attended an England / GB ‘potential talent’ training camp within the last 12 months for tier 1.
- be competing at regional standard or above and/or be on a recognised NGB talent development scheme/pathway
- be able to attend training sessions if required
- not be receiving similar support services already and thus applying to duplicate support services
Athletes will be asked to agree to the following:
- the use of their name and photographs for publicity and profile where appropriate
- to represent the Norfolk Sports Academy at events as required
- to sign an NSA Athlete contract to commit fully to the scheme
- to agree to give monthly feedback on their sporting achievements via a blog on the NSA website
- to pay for any missed sessions with specialised support professionals if insufficient notice to be excluded is provided
We are interested to hear from athletes who have a positive attitude to improving, reflected in their dedication and commitment to training.Apply Online Download Application Form
If you would like an opportunity to be involved in this exciting journey and further your experience in elite performance please check the criteria and apply by printing off an application form and returning it to the following address:
Norfolk Sports Academy
Norwich Research Park
For any further enquiries please contact us on email@example.com
If you are a member of an organisation that would wish to become a supporter of this scheme, please read the details on the ‘Partner’ tab of the website or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.